Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Gramma


ok - I have no idea how old she is.... but she sure acts like a Gramma.

This is one of the first six Rabbits that I took from the island - she has a nasty case of mites and a parasite that has damaged her nervous system - yep - it's in her brain. We all expected that she would have to be put down, but it turns out that her condition can be treated with antibiotics - if caught in time..... So for now Gramma lives in seclusion in my guest bathroom. I'll keep you posted on her progress. Oh - one other thing - she is most likely pregnant. Rabbit gestation is between 20 and 30 days depending on the breed. She is too sick right now to be spayed - so we have to wait and hope. I guess its better than having babies in the cold on an island with no food, if that happened, they would surely all starve because she would not be strong enough to feed 'em. Or they'd get eaten....


No comments: